Standard operating procedures (SOPs) provide the policies, processes and standards needed for an organization to achieve productivity and operate effectively. They can benefit a business by reducing errors, increasing efficiencies and profitability, creating a safe work environment and producing guidelines for how to resolve issues and overcome obstacles.
One of the most effective tools at a franchise owner’s disposal is the SOP; most successful franchisors have put in the hard work, R&D and sacrifices required to forge the perfect recipe for success, and they make this information freely available to their franchisees. Well-documented SOPs from franchisors will help franchisees run the business more successfully.
This course is design with the aim to equip learners with the knowledge/skill set to:
- Examine the importance and scope of an operational plan to achieve business and franchising objectives
- Articulate operational best practices to establish the franchise operational plan
- Develop the Standard Operating Procedures and Franchise Manual to guide business functions and strategies
- Develop the franchise operations setup and training plan
- Formulate the franchise operations setup and training plan in relation to critical business functions, operating environment and regulatory context
- Adopt franchising technologies to manage the franchise and report operational plans to relevant stakeholders
- Set key performance indicators to assess operational plans and seek continuous improvement
- Establish key performance indicators to guide franchise audits
- Adapt operational plans for continuous improvement and growth
Who Should Attend
This course is targeted at franchise owners and operators, existing or aspiring franchisors, and any business owner or executive involved in business operations and management. These are mostly Professionals, Managers and Executives (PMEs) who are working in franchisable business concepts. Their job functions may include operations, manufacturing, supply chain management, sales and marketing, business development, finance, legal, human resource management, training and overall company management.